This year The Game Awards will support emerging game development talent at the high school and university/college with the first SGA — Student Game Award.
The winner of the award will be selected from five nominees by an all-star panel that includes:
- Todd Howard (Executive Producer and Game Director, Bethesda Game Studios)
- Hideo Kojima (Director, Kojima Productions)
- Illka Paananen (CEO and Co-founder, Supercell)
- Kim Swift (Design Director, EA Motive)
- Vince Zampella (CEO, Respawn Entertainment)
Awarded to a team or individual, The Student Game Award recognizes five nominees and one winner based on the excellence and ambition of a game, without regard to the team size or subject matter. The submission deadline for the 2017 SGAs was Friday, November 3.